What if I don’t feel better after the 10 days? (Manual)
There are a few people who, despite having done their best to follow this program, may not feel better or lose much weight. This is a clue that there is something else going on. If you completed the 10 Day Reset and did not get the results you were hoping for, one of the following five reasons might apply:
1. Problems with diet. Did sugar or gluten sneak its way into your food products? Your success can be easily sabotaged by hidden sources. Check your labels carefully—or better yet, eat only fresh foods without labels.
2. Inadequate or inefficient exercise. Aim for no more than two hours of exercise three to four times per week. Try to include aerobic exercise, like walking and jogging, and weight-training, like lifting weights or resistance band exercises.
3. Hidden food sensitivities. Some people may have unknown food allergies or sensitivities that can prevent weight loss, cause inflammation, or hinder progress. This calls for a more comprehensive elimination diet that excludes all common allergens like eggs, corn, soy, nuts, nightshades (the tomato, potato, eggplant, and pepper family), yeast, and citrus foods for 30 days.
4. Toxic overload.* Accumulation of toxins from overexposure or genetic predispositions to poor detoxification can cause problems for certain individuals. Check with your doctor if you suspect toxic or heavy metal overload.
5. Systemic imbalances.* The main triggers for systemic imbalances are toxins, allergens, microbes, stress, and poor diet. These can cause nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, unhealthy gut flora, immune dysregulation, inflammation, issues with energy metabolism, and more. If you suspect an imbalance, work with your doctor to identify and address the root cause.
*Toxic overload and systemic imbalances often require attention from a well-trained Functional Medicine doctor. To find Functional Medicine doctors in your area visit www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner.